It’s time for Sam’s Club annual Holiday Taste of Sam’s Club event, happening nationwide this week from Friday, November 19 to Sunday, November 21 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at more than 600 Sam’s Club locations across the country. This is not an event to miss! (Not a member? Maybe it’s time to join!)
The best foods of the holiday season
When I visited Sam’s Club headquarters last September, I had a chance to preview all the amazing goodies they were offering. Here were some of my favorites:
- The Boneless Spiral Ham - Half Ham with Honey Glaze was delicious and at $2.98/pound much cheaper than from that other spiral ham place.
- If you’re traveling to a relative’s house, Member’s Mark All Natural Mashed Potatoes are super portable – just heat it when you get there. I really liked that the mashed potatoes weren’t highly processed and the ingredient list was natural. And at $6.86, you may want to keep one or two in the freezer on those nights you don’t feel like making mashed potatoes from scratch.
- Cheese! It’s going to be hard to pick just one. I recommend Kerrygold Dubliner and Devon Squire White Stilton with Cranberries.
- Some of the healthier food choices at Sam’s Club include fresh clementines, pomegranates, blackberries, raspberries and pineapples. Fruit trifle anyone?
- Sam’s Club also features Member's Mark® Cooked Jumbo Shrimp, which are farmed sustainably and responsibly produced.
- And the desserts? It’s hard to pick just one! If you’re going off the healthy eating bandwagon this holiday season, I recommend any of the Cheesecake Factory desserts, especially the Red Velvet Cheesecake (exclusively at Sam’s Club) or the Pumpkin Cheesecake. Either one is worth the indulgence!
More than just food
Additionally, Sam’s Club will host a Trim-A-Tree demonstration workshop for members to learn affordable and creative decorating tips on personalizing their trees and homes for the holidays. Each member will receive a complimentary 20 page booklet (while supplies last), too!
When I was at Sam’s Club headquarters, they had a whole room decorated for us. Really cute stuff!
Go to the Sam’s Club website for an online preview of the Holiday Taste of Sam’s Club event. You can also check out the More Feast, Less Fuss holiday entertaining guide.
And if you’re worried gaining weight from all those delicious treats, stop by Sam’s Club’s video game section for some Wii fitness games like Just Dance 2, EASports Active or EASports Active More Workouts (my current favorite). All of them make great holiday gifts, too!
Connect with Sam’s Club
To locate a Holiday Taste of Sam’s Club event, visit samsclub.com. For more recipes, instructional videos, daily tips and deals, visit the Holidays Made Simple site or download the Sam’s Club mobile application to your iPhone, Android or BlackBerry. You can also find Sam’s Club on Facebook or on Twitter @samsclub and @samsclubdeals.
Disclosure: as a Sam’s Club Food Ambassador I receive compensation for my time and efforts. Ham picture courtesy of Sam’s Club.