Happy Labor Day Weekend! After skipping the August issue (oops, sorry about that) we get back into the swing of things with healthy diet, weight loss, healthy eating and fitness links from around the Internet.
There are some really fun recipes – everything from “primal diets” to vegan ones - from a variety of blogs and sites that are new to me. Be sure to check them out.
Again, if you see a person’s name at the beginning of the entry, my guess is that it’s from an authentic personal blog or a legitimate website. The other links are interesting and of some value, but are from what I’d consider “splogs” or spam blogs.
- Joshua Townsend presents Organic Vs. Conventional Produce posted at Healthy Fit Vegan: Nutrition, Diet, Fitness.
- Judith Summers presents Habits That Keep Your Skin Healthy and Beautiful Part 3 posted at Holistic Skin Care.
- Native Health Remedies presents Which Produce Should You Buy Organic? posted at Native Remedies Blog.
- Donald Latumahina presents A Guide to Living a Healthy Lifestyle posted at Life Optimizer.
- Pays to Live Green presents Why Do We Eat? posted at Healthy Intake.
- 33 Mind-boggling Stats About Childhood Obesity
Recipe and food links
- Andrea Dickson presents Gluten Free Carb Free Noodles posted at Wisebread.
- Cindy Cullen presents 50 Awesome Blogs for True Tea Aficionados posted at Culinary Arts College.
- Steve Faber presents Acerola Cherry – Where to Buy This Superfood and How it Can Help You Lose Fat posted at Belly Fat Loser.
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents How To Eat Healthy & Inexpensively posted at The Digerati Life.
- Aparna presents Foody tips posted at Beauty and Personal Grooming.
- Morgan Schwartz presents got (Local) milk? posted at Omaha.net - Local Writing from the Heartland.
- Linda presents The Health Benefits of Alfalfa posted at Natural Health Ezine.
- Cmac presents Cmac’s Easy breezy vegan Jamaican patties. posted at Cmac's Test Kitchen.
- Michele Hays presents Moros Y Cristianos posted at Quips, Travails and Braised Oxtails.
- Lone Vegan Mom presents Cake and Ice Cream- For Breakfast!!! posted at Lone Vegan Mom.
- Quirky Momma presents Kid-Friendly Homemade Granola Bars posted at quirkymomma.com.
- Marina K. Villatoro presents 3 Must Eats While Traveling in Costa Rica posted at The Travel Expert. (Includes healthy recipes for Gallo Pinto, Arroz con Pollo, and Olla de carne Meat Stew and Soup.
- Philip Dean presents Healthy Granola Bars posted at Random Acts Of Parenting.
- Todd Dosenberry presents The Primal Blueprint Cookbook Recipes: Coconut Pancakes by Primal Toad posted at Toad's Primal Journey.
- Kim Miles presents earth day cake posted at Taking the Long Way Home.
- Kristle Jones presents Delicious Popsicles posted at Will Blog for Babies.
- Angela Frye presents How To Be Frugal: Chicken and Dumplings Recipe and How To Be Frugal: Pistachio Chicken Recipe posted at All Things Frugal, saying, "A recipe for a delicious chicken dish."
- BWL presents How To Freeze Green Beans posted at Natural Health Ezine.
- Thailand Breeze presents Honey-Citrus Yogurt Drink posted at Tip.
- Aparna presents Medicinal value of Gooseberry (Amla) posted at Beauty and Personal Grooming.
- 100 Healthy After-School Snacks for Your Hungry Kids
Weight loss links
- Tory McBroom presents 4 Healthy Foods You Thought Were Junk posted at Low-Calorie Diet.com.
- Sarah presents I travel with chocolate posted at Low Stress Weight Loss.
- Native Health Remedies presents 7 Reasons Why You are Overweight… and How to Fix It! posted at Native Remedies Blog.
- Sarah Scribe presents Weight Loss around the World posted at Healthy Revelations Blog.
- Stacey Stratham presents Dietspotlight.com posted at Diet Spotlight. They’re a terrific online resource for everything related to healthy dieting such as all-natural supplement reviews and diet program reviews.
- Linda presents 5 Ways Massage Therapy Assists In Weight Loss posted at Natural Health Ezine.
Exercise and fitness links
- Wayne Hairston presents Best Butt Exercises To Tone Your Rear posted at The Best Butt Exercises.
- Tara V presents 3 yoga poses for beginners posted at Modern Hippie Mag.
- 12 Hottest Summer Workouts
- C Strimike presents Tai Chi May Improve Your Overall Health posted at Healthy Hearts with Heartstrong.
- June Tree presents 12 Cheap Ways To Keep Fit And Stay Healthy posted at The Digerati Life.
Healthy technology and website links
- 5 Excellent iPad Apps for Your Health and Wellness
- 20 Useful Social Networking Sites for Expecting Mothers
- 51 Healthy Living Cheat Sheets to Improve Your Life
- 6 Essential Android Apps for Health, Wealth and Happiness
- 50 Government Blogs & Web Resources That Are Good for Your Health
- 100 County Public Health Blogs Well Worth Reading
- 6 Essential Android Apps for Expecting Mothers
- Top 20 Health and Fitness Mobile Apps: iPhone vs. Android
- 50 Authoritative Tweeters with Daily Health Tips
- 50 “Healthy” Ways to Use Twitter
- 100 Twitter Feeds for Your Daily Yoga Inspiration
- 100 Super Useful Links for Vegetarians & Vegans
- 50 Incredibly Useful Links for Gluten-Free Living
- Top 50 Diabetes Blogs
- 100 Best Twitter Feeds for Following Your Diet
- 100 Awesome Blog Posts for Eating Healthy on a Budget
- 50 Best Blogs & Links for a Macrobiotic Lifestyle
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of This Mama Cooks Healthy Posts Carnival using the carnival submission form. Past posts can be found on my blog carnival index page.