Did you know that:
- 55% of Americans report that they find it difficult to eat the recommended amount of Omega-3
- Only 1 in 10 report eating fatty fish like sardines, lake trout, albacore tuna, mackerel and anchovies twice a week or more
- 17% of Americans say they never eat fish
Although all Omega-3s (ALA, DHA and EPA) are important, they differ in their benefits:
- Long chain fatty acids (EPA and DHA) are associated with heart health benefits
- EPA supports emotional well-being
- DHA important for the nervous system and healthy vision
- ALA found in flaxseed and plant oils is poorly converted to EPA and DHA in the human body
If you’re a vegetarian, don’t like fish, or hate the “fish burps” that come with fish oil supplements, what are you supposed to do?
Well, you can learn about a new vegetarian Omega-3 EPA supplement in my post New Harvest Omega-3 EPA supplements: all the goodness without the fish oil at This Mama Cooks! Reviews.