After the wet noodle incident, I still have two small containers of part-skim ricotta. Looking over Weight Watchers’ online recipes, I found that most call for fat free ricotta (1 cup = 4 POINTS). So, I’ll have to add a POINT or two depending on the amount used since part-skim ricotta had double the POINTS of no fat (1 cup = 8 POINTS).
Here’s a recipe for a pizza that I know the kids will like, too. This seems like a quick and easy dish to make on a night when you don’t want to do a lot of cooking.
You can also can adjust it for individual tastes. (Don’t like tomatoes or spinach? Substitute other vegetables instead.) I’ll be using Healthy Grain Multi-Grain with Flax Flatout Flatbread instead of whole wheat pita, too.
Spinach, Tomato and Feta Pizza
- 4 large wheat pitas
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess water
- 1 large tomato, beefsteak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange pitas on a large baking sheet. Combine ricotta and garlic powder; spoon mixture over pitas, to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Top with spinach and tomato. Sprinkle with feta then oregano.
- Bake until edges of pitas are golden, about 12 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Weight Watchers POINTS = 6 per pizza
Wow, a Weight Watchers frittata recipe that I missed during my Five Days of Frittata roundup. Looks like I have to stop by the store for more tomatoes and some fresh basil, too.
Tomato, Basil and Ricotta Frittata
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese skim
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- Mix together egg and egg white in a small bowl.
- Mix together tomato, basil, ricotta and garlic in another small bowl.
- Heat a small oven-proof nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add eggs and cook until set but still soft in middle, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Top with tomato mixture and broil until puffed, slightly browned and set all the way through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Weight Watchers POINTS = 4
Tomorrow join me for some sweet Weight Watchers dessert ricotta recipes.