When my friend Suzanne heard that my daughter is allergic to eggs, she sent along this recipe for an eggless chocolate cake. It's named after the mother of an old friend of hers who used to make it.
Since my daughter is also allergic to peanut butter, I'd make a traditional frosting or maybe a sugar glaze instead.
Shirley's Eggless Chocolate Cake - The best in the world!
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 9 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups of cold water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (approximately)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Mix confectioners sugar and milk - it will be thin.
- Stir in peanut Butter, which will thicken the icing.
- Ice your delicious cake.