My family and I are heading to my sister's in Switzerland soon, which explains why I haven't been writing much on my blogs. The amount of preparation, planning, packing and purchasing has been overwhelming.
So off to Switzerland we go in search of chocolate and cheese. (With a brief stop London for some bangers and mash or maybe beans on toast.) And who says you can't do fondue if you're doing Weight Watchers? This recipe has only 2 Points per serving!
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 can or bottle light beer, 12 fl oz each
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 pound low-fat cheddar or colby cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- In a medium saucepan over moderate heat, warm beer until it boils; stir in mustard and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss cheese with flour.
- Slowly add cheese to beer mixture, stirring.
- Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and thick, about 6 minutes total. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.
(Tip: Serve this dip with cubes or rolled slices of lean ham and smoked turkey as well as carrots, celery sticks, baked tortilla chips, apple slices, or cubes of crusty bread.)