My book club is reading A Passage to India by E.M. Forster. I'm hosting the next meeting, so I offered to make a chicken curry. But I'm busy, and on Weight Watchers, so what's a good hostess to do?
Find a terrific curry chicken slow cooker recipe from Weight Watchers, that's what!
I can make the chicken curry that afternoon in my slow cooker since it only takes four hours. I'll also triple the slow cooker curry recipe since I have a large slow cooker that can handle it. That way I can have chicken curry leftovers for the next day for both me and my family if my book group of 11 ladies doesn't eat the whole pot.
Sweet and Sour Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
(Yields about 1 1/2 to 2 cups per serving.)
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper(s), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large vidalia onion(s), sliced
- 14 1/2 oz stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder, or more to taste
- Place chicken, pepper and onion in a slow cooker; top with tomatoes.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over chicken mixture, cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours.