Now that the holiday season is officially over (though I’m sure it really doesn’t end until after the Super Bowl in February), it’s time to go back on the Weight Watchers eating plan. I’m doing Flex Points, since the Core Plan scares me. I’m a bottomless pit when it comes to food, even brown rice and veggies.
I’ve also decided to do Weight Watchers Online, since I don’t have time to drive 40 minutes round trip to attend a Weight Watchers meeting every week. I love the online tools, like menu suggestions and tracking your points on the computer.
In light of this, I plan to feature lots of Weight Watcher friendly dishes this year, though I won’t be abandoning fun stuff like chocolate mousse, cake and fondue. Our first diet friendly dish comes from JJG at Barbo’s Diet Kitchen boards. I especially like this board because it has lots of crock pot recipes for my Farberware Slow Cooker.
Slow Cooked Stuffed Cabbage
6 Points per Serving
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- Wash cabbage leaves. Boil 4 cups water. Turn heat off. Soak leaves in water 5 minutes. Remove, drain, and cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients except tomato paste and water. Place 2 tablespoons mixture on each leaf and roll firmly. Stack in slow cooker.
- Combine tomato paste and 3/4 cup water, and pour over stuffed cabbage. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
Yield: 6 servings. Per Serving: 256 Calories; 16g Fat (56.3% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 468mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
|Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed.|