I will be participating in the Menu for Hope campaign sponsored by Chez Pim where food bloggers donate prizes and readers buy virtual raffle tickets for a chance to win them. Last year’s campaign raised over $17,000 for UNICEF. This year’s funds will be donated to the United Nations World Food Programme.
If you’re a food blogger and would like to participate, Pim has assigned specific host blogs to be in charge of a certain geographical area:
- US West Coast: Sam of Becks and Posh
- US East Coast: Adam of Amateur Gourmet
- US (the rest): Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Canada: Jasmine of Cardamom Addict
- Europe and UK: David Lebovitz of Davidlebovitz.com
- Latin America: Melissa de Leon of the Cooking Diva
- Asia Pacific: Helen of Grab Your Fork
- A special wine host for wine blogs: Alder Yarrow of Vinography.
Here is Pim’s announcement on Food Blog S’cool for more information about sponsoring a prize. You have until December 9 to contact your regional person and get them the picture(s) and description(s).
You can still be part of this important effort if your’e not a blogger by buying a few virtual raffle tickets. Donations will be collected by First Giving, who has generously reduced their fees to support the cause. This year’s campaign will kick off on December 11, when the host blogs will announce the prizes and you can begin buying tickets.
I will be donating several cookbooks at here at This Mama Cooks and at my other food blog, A Readable Feast. So stay tuned…
|Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed.|