After a coworker's cookout, I'm a big fan of lamb on the grill. This recipe is from Grill!: Quick And Delicious Recipes for Indoor And Outdoor Grilling by Pippa Cuthbert & Lindsay Cameron Wilson. Grill! is a delightful book and sure to become a favorite go to guide on grilling.
Caramelized Lamb Chops
Grilling meltingly tender, marinated lamb chops is one of life's simple pleasures.
- 1 cup (20g) cilantro, roughly chopped
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp mirin, Chinese rice wine or sherry
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 16 single-rib lamb chops
- Combine the cilantro, brown sugar, soy sauce, mirin and garlic in a shallow baking dish. Add the chops, turning well to coat in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to very hot. Brush with oil.
- Grill the chops to taste (4-6 minutes on each side for medium) until the edges are browned and caramelized.
- Transfer the chops to a platter and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving with grilled potatoes and a green salad or steamed green beans.
Other grilling posts from This Mama Cooks!