I came across this recipe at Broken or Not. What intrigued me was while it's called a cake, it has no eggs. Just the sort of recipe I'm looking for the egg-sensitive Boo Girl, thanks Kris.
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Based on a recipe from 100 Years of Hersey Favorites
Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 7 Tbsp. Hershey's cocoa, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- vanilla ice cream or whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, stir together 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour water over top. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Spoon sauce from bottom of pan over top of cake. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired. Garnish as desired.