- In a large travel mug (safety first around the kids!) put in 1 to 2 (or more) ounces of your favorite bourbon.
- Add lots of honey and lemon juice.
- If you have fresh ginger or a lemon, add some slices.
- Put in a tea bag or two of your favorite herbal tea for colds like Celestial Seasonings Echinacea Cold Care or the classic . If you don't have a cold-specific herbal tea, try a ginger tea, a mint tea, or the classic, knock-you-out Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Natural Herb Tea.
- Add hot water and stir. Do not remove tea bag.
- Put lid on your travel mug. Sip until you pass out.
Remember, it's a bad idea to mix alcohol with most night time cold remedies.
Disclosure: Amazon links are affiliate links. A commission may be earned from a referred sale to their website.